Indoor/Outdoor Free Play
(8.30am –Start nappy change and toileting)
Morning Tea Time
Indoor/Outdoor activities and experiences
Pack Away/Transition Time
Grouptime,Outdoor/Indoor Free Play
(Start nappy change and toileting)
Toileting then quiet time on our beds
Wake up, Pack away beds, Toileting/Changes Routine
Sunscreen, Insect Repellent applied and
Afternoon Tea Time
Hats on, Outdoor Free Play
Late Snack, All Rooms Combine in Carraman –
Junior Kindy Room/Yard
Please note: The above routine is a guideline only and we will endeavour to adjust to the needs of all children as and when required.
Please note (*) – These extracurricular incursions and activities are an additional cost to parents. Please enquire.
What to bring for Junior Kindy
- Please ensure that your children’s belongings have their name written on them or are clearly labelled as this assists Educators to ensure that your children’s items are not misplaced, mixed up (put in another child’s bag) or lost; this includes your child’s bag, sleep bag and each sheet/item it contains (or is inside), dummies, milk bottles, nappies, clothing items/shoes and any other items that you may need to bring to kindy (e.g. food containers, family/child input etc.)
- Sleep bag and sleep sheets – The children will require one single fitted cot sheet, one single flat cot sheet or blanket and a standard sized pillowcase.
Your child may also wish to/need to have a comforter/cuddle toy to sleep with, this will also be stored in your pillowcase “sleep bag”
- Fruit – Please bring a piece of fruit, this will be taken to the kitchen and made into a fruit platter for afternoon tea.
- Nappies – Approxcemently 5 per day.
- Toileting – Children toilet training are encouraged to go to the toilet on a regular basis.
For those children beginning to toileting train, we ask that you provide lots of underwear and spare clothes. Clothing that is not to tight and has an elastic waist band is preferred. Please if you could also provide a pull-up for rest time as children are encouraged to go to the toilet even during rest time.
- Family Input- We love to hear your input! That means your input about our centre, activities, improvements, classroom, programs and your input as a family – the special things you do together, your children’s favourite things and interests, events of your time outside of kindy, how you spend your weekends, who your family members are, your culture, your religion, any community events you may have gone to or support… FAMLY INPUT HAS NO LIMITATIONS!
Your input/feedback/communications help us as Educators to form and better our classroom program and activities and create attachments, bonds and friendships with your children.
- Clothes – As the weather changes frequently and in the event of a toileting accident or simply ‘getting dirty’ we ask that you pack weather permitting spare clothing e.g. Jumper, long sleeve shirt, short sleeved shirt, long pants, short pants or skirt.
- We are also a Sun Safe Centre - so we ask that children are dressed in clothing that covers their shoulders (not singlet straps), that families apply sunscreen to their children apon arriving at the centre and that children are to have their hats on their heads before entering the Carraman Yard to start their day of play and learning.
- Bush Kindy – This year we are very excited to be introducing Regular Bush Kindy Outings to our classroom programs. The value of exploring nature and the world we live in is endless creates and engages the children in so many learning opportunities and experiences led by their own curiosity, awe, imaginations and wonder!
As we are surrounded by beautiful bushland here at Olsen Avenue Community Children’s Centre we are very lucky to have the opportunity to explore our native bushland and continue to extend on the Indigenous and Cultural Inclusive spirit that we have already established here at our beautiful centre.
Please see the Bush Kindy Information Package and Regular Outing permission forms for further information or talk to your classroom Educators.